In addition to our licensing strategy, Almirall has an active mergers & acquisitions programme.
Our Corporate Development department looks to strengthen our international presence, contributing value to the company by means of:
- Commercial collaborations on products currently on the market.
- Acquisition of synergistic products with our business focus.
- Acquisition of companies that reinforce our current structure and product portfolio.
Almirall's M&A programme mainly focuses on the following therapeutic areas:
- Dermatology – where Almirall is positioned as one of the leading companies thanks to the acquisition of Hermal and a portfolio of products from Shire.
- Spasticity in MS – where Almirall is consolidating its competitive position through the launch of Sativex.
- Allergy – with a broad coverage of the commercial target. Our main product in this area is the anti-allergic ebastine.
Almirall also markets other innovative drugs locally in markets where we have a commercial structure. To reinforce our presence in these areas, we are interested in the acquisition of products and commercial partnerships that tie in with our local interests.